- I absolutely adore this hairstyle round up from Design Love Fest, it's right up my alley! I have so much trouble finding ways to do my hair and often get stuck in my top bun routine. I was made aware of this when I was given a drawing of me done by one of my seventh graders last year. My top bun in her picture even included the stray hairs that stick out the top when I throw it up too quickly. While I applaud her attention to detail and uncanny representation of me, I'm anxious to try out each one of these hair styles this coming school year to switch it up a little!
- Karsyn DuPree, the author of the blog Bliss Branch, recently wrote a post about herself to introduce herself to new readers and it really inspired me. In her post Karsyn tells the story of her journey from being overweight, to too focused on losing weight, to listening to her body and just being healthy. Her blog is focused on "accepting and loving oneself: body, mind, and soul" which is exactly what I have been trying to do lately. I too went through a phase of worrying way too much about counting calories and working out, and while I will admit that I looked amazing I didn't actually feel healthy. I was tired all of the time and napping to make it to some meals. All I could think about and talk about was losing weight and running, I'm sure I was a ton of fun to be around those days. Now all I want is to be healthy. I don't care how much I weigh. I don't care if I look thinner or fatter, I just want to be a healthy human being. In her post Karsyn writes to "Forget what your best friend is doing. Forget what's all over Instagram. Eat what your body specifically needs" and to "learn what foods work for you and what foods don't."
- While shopping at the adorable Seasoned + Square in Kansas City I spotted one of these Darling Magazines that I had heard so much about. I kept hearing how great they were and how beautiful the pictures were but I couldn't quite get myself to order a copy. I had trouble completely connecting with some of the stories in my Kinfolk issue (I will admit that it could have just been the particular issue) that I had purchased. I love the Kinfolk brand- everything about it- and I love my Kinfolk Table. Darling Magazine though, is the most wonderful thing ever. Every single story or interview that I have read so far has connected with me in a really meaningful way. Stories on creativity and on just being a woman in this world. I LOVE it and have ordered two more issues and I am begging for a yearly subscription. Go order one, really.
- You guys, I am just drooling over every single DIY over on The Lovely Drawer. I have tried out one of her DIY's so far, but I am really having to hold back from going and spending all of my money on craft supplies and whipping every single one of these projects out. They of course, would not all fit inside of our tiny house so my beautiful Lovely Drawer inspired crafts would just pile up in our office, storage, or get hung on top of each other all over our walls and drive me insane. But I will have been so happy to have made them all. But really, her DIY's are great and so is her blog.
- The Little Market might just be my new favorite shop ever. They work with artisans from around the world to create products that will help them reach a broader audience. I love all of their baskets, bracelets and knitted toys! Such a great idea and adorable shop!
- This experiment done by Jae West is the most beautiful and brave thing ever. Jae stood in the middle of Piccadilly Circus in Westminster, England and stripped down to her undies to let people draw hearts on her to raise awareness for the growing prevalence of eating-disorders and self-esteem issues. It was such a brave way to raise awareness for such a sad issue. I wish every little girl could see this message and grow up feeling comfortable in their own bodies.
what have you been loving lately?