I managed to sneak Emmet's three month photo shoot yesterday morning after a restless night and just before he got super fussy with stomach pains. We are right in the middle of a rough transition from our glorious 3 month summer back in to school. We've been testing out the waters in the new crib and Emmet goes to his first day of day care tomorrow when I go back to school. I'm not sure if my heart will be able to take it, but I think (hope) that in the end it will be good for us! Other than the hard transition we are going through, watching Emmet's adorable little personality blossom this past month has been really amazing! He is becoming even more adorable, snuggly, and love-y each day!
Emmet at Three Months:
Emmet at Three Months:
- Emmet has been wearing his 3-6 month clothes for a little over a week now and they are already starting to get a little bit tight! He won't be in them for long, he is growing growing growing (we'll get a weight update at his 4 month appointment).
- He has really good head control, we barely have to support him at all. One lady stopped me in the bathroom at the airport just to tell me how amazing his neck strength was! He holds it up fairly high during tummy time but still gets tuckered out and has to rest it from time to time.
- Emmet LOVES his hands! He discovered them this month and has been testing out just how much of his fist he can get into his mouth at one time. It is truly impressive. His little hands are often holding on to each other, my hair, and they are beginning to grab on to his toys! His very favorite toy is this little bison pictured above that his nana Terri bought for him. He hugs it and squeezes it and sucks on its face.
- He loves neck kisses, chest tickles, and tummy kisses. He giggles, hoots, and laughs hysterically every time!
- Emmet is so easy going (usually). We've taken him all over and so far he has been pretty content with whatever we throw at him (not literally throwing objects). He went on his first airplane this month and other than waking up once or twice to eat he basically slept the whole time!
- Emmet is transitioning to sleeping in his crib like a big boy and meanwhile I am busting into little pieces. I've basically duct taped the monitor to my ear at night and leaped out of bed any time he has made a noise. Our nights are a little restless because of it, but we'll figure it out!