When Professor died earlier this year it really shook me up. I was incredibly sad for so many reasons, but one of those was that I was so upset that our little baby (I was still pregnant with Emmet at the time) wouldn't have a puppy to snuggle and play with. I wanted Emmet to know Professor and I am sad that he won't, but just as much I wanted him to have a best friend to grow up with and love just like I loved Professor. We had Moose at the time, but we had no hopes that Moose would be calm enough to be anywhere near the baby. Luckily for us, Moose has stepped up to the plate. Our friends and family, and even Dave and I, were nervous about how Moose would do with a little baby, but he has been great! Other than the occasional accidental roughness that we have to look out for, Moose is just the right amount of snuggly, calm, and curious about little Emmet. I'm so glad that Emmet will have him to grow up with!
At 3 Weeks:
At 3 Weeks:
- Emmet is now 8 lbs and 10 oz! His little newborn clothes are getting tighter and tighter which breaks my heart, but I'm also really excited to start dressing him in his little 0-3 month outfits. There are some pretty cute outfits waiting for him in that bin!
- He is beginning to add in little sounds here and there, other than his adorable cry (it really is) and the sound of his breathing. My current favorite is the sound he makes just after he sneezes. Its like a sneeze and then a slow, drawn out eeeuuuurrrrhhh. It is hilarious and the very best thing ever.
- He is also adding new faces into his repertoire. Along with his adorable little grump face and blue steel lips, he now has a Robert De Niro face that cracks me up every time.
- Somehow he is managing to get even more snuggly! My guess is that he is replacing all of the times that visitors with held him with mandatory mommy snuggle times. I cannot complain, they are among my favorite part of the day. There are somedays though I do have to remind myself to soak them up and enjoy every last second. These are the days that laundry is piling and I am still in pain from not a great start to breast feeding... I sit there and think about the other things I need to be doing until I snap myself out of it. He'll only want to snuggle for so long before he starts running around and playing with Moose. Little Man. Let's snuggle right now.
- He has a weird obsession with staring at our living room curtains. Its probably the pattern the sun creates as it shines through the threads, but I like to think that he is day dreaming about all the adventures he will soon have out in the yard and world. I hope he loves playing outside as much as I did as a kid. In fact, I will make sure of it.